cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

More than one border node within a Fabric?

acc.94
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

We are deploying a SD-Access infrastructure on a 5-site customer and our idea is to include all of them under the same fabric.

Our doubt here is that we may need two border nodes as:

- Site 1 has an external DC

- Site 2 is the centralized internet access

So, we may need one border node on site 1 acting as internal border and a second one on site 2 acting as external border.

Would be possible this kind of design?

Thank you!

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how is these 2 sites connected , Dark fibre / VPLS / MPLS ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Those 5 sites are connected via MPLS.

Scott Hodgdon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

acc.94,

Yes this is supported, but for resilience purpose the customer should probably have 2 internal and 2 external border nodes.

Do you have a diagram you can share ?

Will this be a multi-site design or will it be one large site ?

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking and Cloud Group

Thank you for your reply Scott.

I will try to post a diagram.

We are still deciding about a unique fabric or a multi-site, but customer prefers a large site one. 

So just to confirm, if we decide to deploy an unique fabric, we can have more than one device acting as different border nodes right?

Added: would be possible to configure such as 5 devices as border nodes? As if we deploy a unique large site, we may need one border node on each customer office as they have external resources on every of them. Of course, i am talking about a unique fabric deployment.

Thank you again!

acc.94,

I can answer these questions more easily once we have a diagram.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking and Cloud Group

Hello Scott. 

Please, find attached a pic with a diagram of the current customer's infrastructure. Please, take in account this is their architecture without any sd-access element at the moment.

As you can see, there are 5 sites plus one ''main site'', all of them connected via MPLS. My main concern is that on every site, there will be external resources to the fabric, and the customer is asking us to deploy a single fabric infrastructure with every site belonging to that same fabric. 

So, my question is, can we set an ''internal'' border node on every site in order to access those external resources per site? And including that, can we set an extra border node as external for the internet access on the main site?

Thank you and hope everything is clear now!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card