Views
Helpful
Replies

SD_ACCESS Question

benolyndav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Whats the guidelines on using the cli to make changes to a Switch when the Switch is part of SDA is it ok to do?  Will DNAC see the changes once I (write mem) after my changes.???

and also if we loose access to DNAC it would be the only option wouldnt it .?

Thanks 

2 Replies 2

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello benolyndav,

Cisco DNA-Center on SD-Access does not disable the CLI, so you can still make changes via CLI.

As of DNAC 2.3.2 there is a great feature called Config. Drift. With this feature DNA Center will highlight changes done via DNAC as well as out-of-band changes including who's done the changes. Take a look at one of our TMEs going through the feature in this Youtube video.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Pablo.

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @benolyndav ,

Config on switches via CLI is still permitted when running an SDA infrastructure. Despite allowed, it is preferred to use config templates in DNAC and to push them to switches.

Yes, when you push config to the switch through CLI, the switch will communicate to DNAC that a change occurred, and DNAC will perform a resync (inventory collection) of the switch.

You're right, if you lose DNAC, the only way to manage your switches will be through CLI. However, when it comes to configuring SDA constructs (LISP, VRF, VLAN, ...) directly on switch CLI, it is strongly discouraged ! I suggest you to build a 3-node DNAC deployment or a 1:1 or 3:3 Disaster Recovery deployment to limit the risk to lose DNAC management GUI.

regards,

Sylvain.