Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SDA device change name

Hi Guys,

I have 1 doubt but i wanted to confirm if any1 has tried this way:-

I know this is possible to do through template but it seems easier to do through login on the switch,

1. Switch hostname:- if i change a fabric switch hostname through cli and resync the device is that fine?

2. Access Points:- i have 400 AP's which i have deployed is it ok, if i do the same change the name from the WLC and resync to update the name?

Please let me know your feedback..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Cuthbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Switch hostname:- if i change a fabric switch hostname through cli and resync the device is that fine?

2. Access Points:- i have 400 AP's which i have deployed is it ok, if i do the same change the name from the WLC and resync to update the name?

Yes.  These are the steps you need to take.  It may not reflect in the UI immediately, though.  Once Cisco DNA Center resyncs (pulls the config from the device), it needs to process through it and then put that data on the screen (hostname change).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Cuthbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.  These are the steps you need to take.  It may not reflect in the UI immediately, though.  Once Cisco DNA Center resyncs (pulls the config from the device), it needs to process through it and then put that data on the screen (hostname change).

thanks for the reply.

I have done the same for the switches.

If this works i will replicate the same to the AP as well.

And then resynch them automatically or manually in that case

@Jonathan Cuthbert  --> it worked and i did it for the AP's as well.

Just a resync all the AP names got updated. So it was good and easy then the template for the AP's

wasnt it painful to rename 400 APs manually?

Hi 

Not actually, we ran a script on the WLC which updates the name on the WLC and then on DNAC we re-sync it and its done

So it was not that bad, it was a good learning

Don't forget to update it in ISE.