cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SD-access switch removal

Hi,

I would like to remove an Edge node switch from my Fabric but also from my inventory.

I know that DNA Center is very sensitive (bugs, errors when it is not properly done).

I have defined these steps :

1 - In License Manager part : deregister the switch

2 - Remove switch from the Fabric

3 - Remove switch from the inventory

4 - On ISE server, switch removal. Is it done automically during switch removal from inventory ?

Can you tell me if I'm right ? Are there any points I should pay attention to ? 

Regards,

Hugo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

Re: SD-access switch removal

-Prior to the identified step 2, you will want to clear all ports from host onboarding. Otherwise you will probably encounter issues.

4 - On ISE server, switch removal. Is it done automically during switch removal from inventory ?
Unfortunately, this has to be done manually. I actually ran into an issue with this in the past when attempting to move a device within the fabric, and forgot to fully remove it from ISE. You would think that if DNAC is smart enough to automatically add the NAD it could also remove it. IMO this would be a nice feature request.

Outside of that, AFAIK you should be good. HTH!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

-Prior to the identified step 2, you will want to clear all ports from host onboarding. Otherwise you will probably encounter issues.

Unfortunately, this has to be done manually. I actually ran into an issue with this in the past when attempting to move a device within the fabric, and forgot to fully remove it from ISE. You would think that if DNAC is smart enough to automatically add the NAD it could also remove it. IMO this would be a nice feature request.

Outside of that, AFAIK you should be good. HTH!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your help.
I will take into account your comments.
Regards,
Hugo
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad