Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't configure sftp server credentionals on Cisco DCNM 10.2.1

melitrissa86
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I installed a new version DCNM 10.2.1 on my Linux server. Everything works fine, except backup configuration.

I can't configure SFTP server credentials in DCNM

I added needed parameters(username, password and directory) for SFTP  and pressed apply and still see status "Loading".

Please see attached screenshort.

I can see that sftp setting are added in DCNM. I found them in the server properties file. 

Maybe someone else had similar issue and can help me.

I tried to restart services but it didn't help.

Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance

Yana

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Please confirm your SFTP account, This user must have all privileges in the SFTP root directory which includes upload/download/delete/rename/list directory.

Please test the IP/FQDN for you SFTP server, can be logged into from another Linux box with the exact same credentials and path.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hello Kirk,

I checked SFTP account and privileges, everything configured well.

SFTP server is working, because I can login to it from another server. But DCNM still doesn't see SFTP server.

It  worked on old version 7.2.3, but on a new version 10.2.1 it doesn't work.

It seems something on application level

Greetings.

Please confirm you don't have  '.' period in the user name, see https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCve03073

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

I don't have "." in the username. As I told you before I can add sftp credentials, but I can't verify it with the switches, because no one switch is displaying in the list for verification.

I think this is application bug.

What do you think?