cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 9222i for data replication

marlm
Level 1
Level 1

I need to stablish a connection between two data centers running mainframe workload on IBM DS8000(s) subsystems. Data must be transferred from data center A to data center B. Once DS8000(s) only talk FICON and FCP we need a switch to convert that to TCPIP and then transfer the data to the target location. We have a few CISCO 9222i(s) available that have enough ports and they seem to attend our needs, but it is not clear yet if there is any special requirement for CISCO 9222i(s) be able to work on mainframe environments. Although they will not connect to the host I need to make sure if there is any constraint that avoids me to use CISCO 9222i in this scenario. Attached is a simple drawing for clarity.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Note that this product is apparently end-of-life and end-of-supporthttps://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/storage-networking/mds-9222i-multiservice-modular-switch/model.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yes @marce1000 I know that, but it will be used for 3 or 4 months only and it won't affect production if something happens, just the replication while production remains running. 

Do you know if the scenario described would work with CISCO 9222i ?