cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DCNM performance graphs has holes in data

mike.gill
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed that the performance graphs created in Cisco DCNM are not complete. They have missing pieces (holes) in the graph lines. I can only think that the performance data is not collected successfully by the management tool and therefore it cannot 'paint' the complete graph correctly (see attached images). Has anyone else experienced this and was it a data collection (IP network) issue?

ISL-perf1.JPG

SESS01-fc3_15-SESS06-fc7_1-II.png

1 Reply 1

mike.gill
Level 1
Level 1

As an update to this posting I noticed the following in the Cisco DCNM Fundamentals Guide, Release 6.x Chapter 7 Configuring Performance Manager:

Data Interpolation

One of the unique features of Performance Manager is its ability to interpolate data when statistical polling results are missing or delayed. Other performance tools may store the missing data point as zero, but this can distort historical trending. Performance Manager interpolates the missing data point by comparing the data point that preceded the missing data and the data point stored in the polling interval after the missing data. This maintains the continuity of the performance information.

So, why is this not working in this case?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card