cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dcnm-san performance data

Bill Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody successfully extracted performance data from DCNM-SAN ?

Until they pulled the CIM off the fabric switches IBM's TPC was brilliant, however now I cannot get TPC to connect to DCNM-SAN to pull performance data.

I tried using PM.BAT to script the extraction but that error's with something about log4j ?!?!

I was advised by a friend at IBM to use SNMP but I consider that a backwards step.

Any help appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Bill Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Humm, didn't expect anything given that there is virtually nothing worthwhile about this on the main Cisco sites.

It appears that Cisco Fabric Switches are a dead end if you want to do any host/storage correlated monitoring of them now they decided for some unfathomable reason (well probably just to get more dosh lol) to remove the CIM access from the switches.

Looks like it's time to start planning the move to Brocade...

ascrimo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bill 

Could you please send an email with the specific functionality you are looking for to the DCNM Mailer address: ask-dcnm@cisco.com. 

Please try to be as specific as you can so that we can provide an answer to your question. 

Thanks, 

Art 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: