Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting Device-alias

mo.fareed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I have zone configurations with device-alias member, let's say I'll delete device-alias, is that deleting zone members as well? OR zone member will be mapped to corresponding pwwn? 

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Morse
Level 1
Level 1

Hey mo.fareed,
First write out your current startup config to a text file. In the text file you will see how zones are written. Use the same format and pWWN entries (or Device Alias entries) from the startup config text file and copy and paste them to a new text file. This will be your new zone configuration that you want to add to the switch. Ensure that you use unique names for the zones.

When you have your text file complete that contains all the new zones you want to create it is very easy to add to the running config. For example say my new zones are in a file called new_zones.txt and I have them in the ftp root of my ftp server (I run mozilla FTP server on my SAN management server) I would add them to the running config using this method.

Dinar Recaps

Thank You

Morse

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: