cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to start PostgreSQL. A security software agent may be blocking PostgreSQL from installing.

Sami AlSawaftah
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

Failed to start PostgreSQL. A security software agent may be blocking PostgreSQL  from installing.

I disabled the Antivirus and disabled remote users on windows 2008 but still the same

tried to install manually before and during Fabric manager but still get that error

What to do to stop that ? I found a solution but didnt get it , they share it but dont think they provide enough details

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sami,

Make sure:

If using remote desktop that you are using console mode.

Installation is performed with local administrator user.

Any firewall , Anti virus and security Agent is disabled before installation , you can re-enable after installation.

Check windows services control Panel , If Cisco FMS service is  created but Postgres service is not there. If yes, then it could be  previous incomplete installation interfering with install.

Delete/un-install previous installation files completely or try installing FM in different directory.

Yes, sometimes installing Oracle 10G or 11G seems to be a workaround for these issues.

Best regards,

Jim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sami AlSawaftah
Level 1
Level 1

Failed to start PostgreSQL. A security software agent may be blocking PostgreSQL from installing

as  I checked , may be related to Antivirus so disabled , and may be  related to remote service so ran using vmware console but was the same

the last thing is Port which I will check shortly

I  was thinking it is because of the Run As Administrator Issue which  Windows 2008 has for most Servers ( as I had to create the Directories  of the Fabric Manager Manually since Installer failed to !! )

But  Unable to do so with the Fabric Installer as it runs from Java on cmd  then you proceed , dont find the msi to run as Administrator

What do you suggest ? is there a way to make sure the installer of Fabric Manager ( Run as Administrator ) ?

Have anyone faced this Issue ? is installing Oracle 10 G or 11g is a betteroption ?

Please Advise

Hi Sami,

Make sure:

If using remote desktop that you are using console mode.

Installation is performed with local administrator user.

Any firewall , Anti virus and security Agent is disabled before installation , you can re-enable after installation.

Check windows services control Panel , If Cisco FMS service is  created but Postgres service is not there. If yes, then it could be  previous incomplete installation interfering with install.

Delete/un-install previous installation files completely or try installing FM in different directory.

Yes, sometimes installing Oracle 10G or 11G seems to be a workaround for these issues.

Best regards,

Jim

I had antivirus stopped , tried to login using console , all failed

it was about the account that i used the full privillages and all were ok

even remotly installed

Thanks for the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: