cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FCIP tunnel connected but not hosts not talking

blueyonderguy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a two MDS 9513 connected via FCIP tunnel. VSAN 100 is in allowed list and tunnel trunks properly.

the zonesets show wwns across the links logging into fabric and i am even able to fcping successfully.

there are two different storage arrays connected on this tunnel but they do not transfer any data

any pointers?    

2 Replies 2

tblancha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is there a zoneset active in both switches that has a member zone in it that permits the pwwns of the arrays to talk to each other? The two devices will need to be in a zone together and then you configure these arrays to 'know' about each other and that should be enough. Just zoning them in the same vsan and having that vsan up on the FCIP EISL link is enough from the SAN. After that, it is the array's job to talk to each other.

zoning was correctly done and both sites were connected properly.

there was a port channel between the sites, i disabled on interface in the port channel and it got resolved.

not sure why though

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: