cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Q: A5200 on MDS 9509

chkalle
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problem connecting an SUN A5200 JBOD to a MDS 9509. The port remains operative down:

# do show interface fc 3/2

fc3/2 is down (Link failure or not-connected)

Port description is A5200 Port A

Hardware is Fibre Channel, FCOT is short wave laser

Port WWN is xx:yy:zz:0d:ec:01:f9:80

Admin port mode is FL

Port vsan is 1

Receive data field Size is 2112

Beacon is turned off

5 minutes input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 bytes/sec, 791 frames/sec

5 minutes output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 bytes/sec, 0 frames/sec

695295 frames input, 0 bytes

0 discards, 0 errors

0 CRC, 0 unknown class

0 too long, 0 too short

2 frames output, 80 bytes

0 discards, 0 errors

0 input OLS, 0 LRR, 0 NOS, 20868 loop inits

0 output OLS, 0 LRR, 0 NOS, 4 loop inits

0 receive B2B credit remaining

0 transmit B2B credit remaining

#

As you can see, loop inits come in but nothing goes out. Cabling and port has been checked and changed.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards, Claus Kalle

4 Replies 4

mrfrase
Level 1
Level 1

Has this Jbod ever been connected to fabric switch, or just direct connect to a SUN host. Reason I ask is I recall a proprietary storage method SUN had with there Host HBA's

No - it has not been connected to a fabric switch. However data on the discs may get lost anyway - and I do not see a way to configure the A5200 box other than the normal FCAL way.

Additional Info: In the "link Errors" Tab on the device manager i found the counter BBCreditTransitionFromZero to increment with about 50 counts per second.

I believe the zero BB credit at init time is normal. I like you to open a Case with Cisco TAC so we can debug and get details on the A5200 you have.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: