cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius

User_4444_2
Level 1
Level 1

I setup Radius on our 9509's and it did work fine and for no reason it has stopped working (nothing changed). It still works via CLI but not via Fabric & Device Manager (DCNM), just get "Unknown User or Password". Running 5.2(2)

I have removed Radius from the config and reconfigured Radius, removed DCNM from the Management servers and reinstalled using Radius and not local configuration.           

1 Reply 1

User_4444_2
Level 1
Level 1

Just in case anybody is interested, after working with Cisco we have a temporary fix for this. The problem started happening after the Radius (AD) account password was changed.

I tried the following to fix it, remove the Fabric’s and re-discovered them with the new password but that failed. Re-installed DCNM and tried Radius Vs Local but neither worked.

The CLI still worked but both Fabric & Device Manager failed, after running the hidden command “

sync-snmp-password”. It worked for both FM & DM for Radius but it seems that I might have to do this every month when my password expires. Hopefully a full fix will be released in the future.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card