Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended MDS9148 NX-OS for IVR

pawel.balcerzak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In reference to your experience and Cisco recommendations, which MDS9148 NX-OS is the most appropriate for IVR functionality?

Regards,

Pawel

4 Replies 4

dynamoxxx
Level 5
Level 5

9148 started supporting IVR since NX-OS 5.2.2 . Is there something in particular you wanted to know ?

@dynamoxxx

Hi.

I asked about recommended MDS9148 NX-OS version, because of surprising behaviour of IVR zones.
I've pasted content of my another post to this post and I've deleted the origin post.

What should I do, when I get the following CLI output:

Device 50:......:b0 - Unexpected PV global flags
Device 50:......:b0 Vsan: 100 - Unexpected per-VSAN PV flags
PVM: AFID:1 Vsan:100 Virtual domain:120 Pwwn: 50:......:b0 - Unexpected flags
PVM: AFID:1 Vsan:100 Virtual domain:120 Pwwn: 50:......:b0 - Adv Switch Mask & RSCN mask do not match

In result of this CLI output, IVR zone member 50:......:b0 is online in IVR zone (which communicate devices from VSAN X and VSAN Y), but is offline in VSAN X zone or in VSAN Y zone.
Any suggestions?

Regards

Pawel

what command did you run to get that output ? 

As you know a device can only be a member of one VSAN, that's why you would use IVR to establish connectivity between devices that belong to different VSANs. Can you share your ivr topology ?

@dynamoxxx

command "show ivr diagnostics"

I solved my problem by removing all IVR zones from active IVR zoneset, and enabling these IVR zones in IVR zoneset again. Meantime I had upgraded NX-OS to 5.2(8d) version and my previous problem haven't appeared till now.

Now I'm wondering is there necessity to upgrade NX-OS to 6.x(xx) version.

Regards,

Pawel