Views
Helpful
Replies

Steps to upgrade Cisco MDS core switch

bonnu0606
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We wanted to upgrade our Cisco SAN core switch firmware. Currently we are running below firmware version. We wanted to go to latest version NX OS 5.2 (x) but as per the white paper i need to go to 5.0 (X) and after that i need to upgrade it to 5.2 (x). Can some help me with the steps to follow the upgrade. I have th cook book but just need the main steps to perform the upgrade.

kickstart: version 4.1(1c)

system:    version 4.1(1c)

1 Reply 1

dynamoxxx
Level 5
Level 5

are you using IVR non-NAT, if you are you need to convert to IVR-NAT before you go to 5.2. Other than that you just follow the  normal procedure, look at the release notes for each firmware to make sure your hardware is supported and then do the usual

install all system bootflash:m9x00-xxx.bin kickstart bootflash:m9x00-xxx-kickstart-xx.bin

as a side note, i know you don't mark people replies to your questions as helpful/correct on EMC ECN ..at least do it here to show your appreciation.

@dynamoxxx

@dynamoxxx
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: