cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to request missing Visio stencils?

gary.t.giesen
Level 1
Level 1

There are several Visio stencils that are missing from the library that I need. They're important to me (and I imagine others want them too) as I need to do rack elevation diagrams. I hate to open a TAC case on them but not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

The stencils I require are:

ASA5510 (Rear view - the side with the interfaces)

ME-C6524GT-8S (Rear view - the side with the power supplies) - 24 Ethernet - 10/100/1000 interfaces + 8 Gigabit Ethernet SFP uplinks, 1 fan tray

PWR-400W-AC - 400W AC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

PWR-400W-DC - 400W DC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

ME-C3750-24TE-M (Rear View - the side with the power supplies) - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro

PWR-ME3750-AC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

PWR-ME3750-DC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

Cheers

210 Replies 210

LogSBw-S6
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is there any problem with the Rack R42610 stencil? I try to connect Cat-45xx-E chassis with the rack but it doesn´t match.

The rack ist to big or the cat-45xx chassis are to small. Do you have a solution for that?

The stencil update from Catalyst-4500 failed. I can see only 5 objects in there.

And i need the WS-X4612-SFP-E and PWR-C45-1400AC stencil.

Regards from Bremen, Germany

Peter

Hello Peter,

There is no problem with the R42610 rack stencil.  The problem is with some of the older Catalyst 45xx shapes that were produced by another vendor before we became involved 2 years ago.  Unfortunately they were not designed correctly to fit into racks.  My group is producing shapes that work properly with this rack as well as rack shapes from other sources.  I apologize for the inconvenience this causes but unless the product group authorizes us to re-create the older devices they will not match.  You can see proper fit behavior with the 4500-X shapes that we produced.

Your note alerted me to an error that the web group made when posting the Catalyst 4500-X stencil.  I had asked for a new link separate from the 4500, which is what the product group prefers.  Instead, they replaced the 4500 download file with the 4500-X download file.  I've asked them to correct that so that you will have access to the 4500 and 4500-X shapes in separate downloads and stencil files.  I do not know how long this will take to complete.

On the Catalyst 4000 stencil there are icons fro a PWR-C45-1000AC, PWR-C45-1300VAC, and PWR-C45-2800VAC but no PWR-C45-1400AC.  The shapes on this stencil were also produced by the previous vendor. These power supplies seem to fit properly into the C4503 chassis but the chassis will not fit properly into the rack for the reasons explained above.

Please note that you can always download the Table of Contents and Index file (near the top of the Visio download page) and search for a part number to locate its download stencil.

I hope this is at least partially helpful.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

Hi Peter,

I forgot to mention that we have the following in the queue but we are waiting for approval before we can proceed.  Note that several of them are updates of the older icons that don't work properly:

• WS-X45-SUP7-E
  • WS-X4748-UPOE+E
  • WS-X4748-RJ45-E
  • WS-X4612-SFP-E
  • WS-X4712-SFP+E
  • WS-X4748-RJ45V+E
  • WS-X4624-SFP-E
  • WS-C4510R+E
  • WS-C4507R+E
  • WS-C4506-E
  • WS-C4503-E
  • WS-UPOE-12VPSPL

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

Hi Bret,

thank you for answer me. Will the re-created C45xx chassis fit with the older PWR-C45-1300AC stencil? The power unit looks like the same as the C45-1400AC. When do you think you get the approval? How long does your team need to create the stencils?

We change the complete network hardware from Enterasys to Cisco in our base. Before that i must planning it with Visio.

Regards from Bremen, Germany

Peter

Hi Peter,

I still do not have approval from the product group.  I'm very sorry.  This usually does not take much time but for some reason they have not acted quickly.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

I know this one may be a little bit harder to justify as the product is EoS, but is there any chance of getting stencils for the WS-C6503 Catalyst 6503 chassis (non-E) and associated power supplies?

I think there is no remarkable outer diference between non-E and E chassis. Has it sense?

Well there's no stencil for the 6503-E either, so maybe we could get both done (with all related power supplies).

I also now have a requirement for the UC500 series stencils. Is there any way we can get these fulfilled?

UC520-8U-4FXO-K9 (the single posted stencil is actually UC520W-8U-4FXO-K9)

UC520-8U-2BRI-K9

UC520W-8U-K9/J

UC540W-FXO-K9

UC540W-BRI-K9

UC560-FXO-K9

UC560-BRI-K9

UC560-T1E1-K9

ACS-UC500RM-19= (Rackmount kit, I suggest make it attachable to connection points on the side of the UC500 stenciles)

Hi Gary,

I just contacted the product group about this request.  As usual, I can't predict what they will authorize but I wanted you to know that they've been informed.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

Brett.

Thanks for the update. As usual, we all appreciate your prompt replies and hard work to get these done.

Cheers!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I've seen a few requests for front / back views of the cisco1921, can we start that one down the path?

The only stencils in the 1900 series now are the 1941.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm working on finding a contact in the product group to ask for authorization.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

Brett,

Any luck with the 1921 yet?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry, I've contacted them but no movement yet from the 1900 product group.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.