cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to request missing Visio stencils?

gary.t.giesen
Level 1
Level 1

There are several Visio stencils that are missing from the library that I need. They're important to me (and I imagine others want them too) as I need to do rack elevation diagrams. I hate to open a TAC case on them but not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

The stencils I require are:

ASA5510 (Rear view - the side with the interfaces)

ME-C6524GT-8S (Rear view - the side with the power supplies) - 24 Ethernet - 10/100/1000 interfaces + 8 Gigabit Ethernet SFP uplinks, 1 fan tray

PWR-400W-AC - 400W AC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

PWR-400W-DC - 400W DC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

ME-C3750-24TE-M (Rear View - the side with the power supplies) - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro

PWR-ME3750-AC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

PWR-ME3750-DC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

Cheers

210 Replies 210

Any word on getting the 1900 stencils?

Hi Brandon,

They were interested in moving ahead with this a couple of months ago and then it seemed to have fallen off the priority list.  I've just sent another request to the 1900 product group about this. Sorry about the delay in getting an answer.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Hi Gary,

So far I haven't been successful in identifying a person in the UC product group to work with me on this.  I'll keep trying and I apologize for the delay in getting you a response.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

I am in need of an ACS appliance physical product stencil, product reference: CSACS-1121-K9.

I have never seen any ACS physical product icon, but if anyone can point me in the direction of one, or one that looks very similar that would be very handy.  Otherwise it would be a request to Visimation again.

thanks

Hi Nicholas,

Sorry about the slow response... I was on the road most of last week.

The CSACS-1121-K9 is almost identical to the ISE 3315 which is on the Security-ISE stencil that you can download from the Cisco Visio stencil page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

Brett,

Have you had any luck with either the Catalyst 6503 stencils or the UC500 stencils?

Cheers

Hi Gary,

I'm working with both product groups to get production approval but no green lights yet... I'm sorry about that.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

Brett,

Any luck on the UC500 or 6503 stencils? Have they given you a no or just not given you a yes?

Cheers

Hi Gary,

I did not receive a response from my last email at the end of March so I just tried again.  Sorry about this but it's pretty common since the product managers have a lot to do and they typically don't know anything about the process of getting Visio images created until I contact them about it.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Hi Gary,

Unfortunately, I just received a "no" from the UC500 product group.  However, I'm expecting to discuss this with the 6500 product group next week.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Brett,

Did anything come out of your discussion with the 6500 product group?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the slow response. This is my first chance to log in here in about a week.

Yes, we are nearing completion of a 6500 stencil update.  We are waiting for some missing photos from the product group to complete the set so it should be imminent.  I can't be more specific than that, but it will be soon.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Brett I see the new 6503-E stencil has been posted as of the 21st, but I don't see a rear view. Is it going to be forthcoming (along with associated power supplies, etc) or are we limited to the front view?

Thanks!

Hi Gary,

I requested funding for the rear views but the product group approved only the front views.  If you would like to post a justification I will forward it to them to see if they will reconsider.  Customer input is always taken seriously and I can be more effective with that kind of backup from the field.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Brett,

First, thank-you for all your efforts. It means a lot to me (and I'm sure a lot of other people).

On the topic of rear views, they approved creation of rear views of nearly all their other products, what makes this one different? I can't be the only guy that documents the back side of his racks. It's especially pertinent because there are multiple configurations of power supplies on this particular model.

I've had an offer from another skilled visio stencil creator to create the rear view if there's a high quality photo of the rear of the switch to be found. Unfortunately I can't provide one right now, but if you happen to have one then I can get him to create it to satisfy at least my need. Unfortunately that doesn't help the people who will come to the Cisco stencil page looking for the same.

On another note, did anything ever come of your discussion to have them order stencils as part of the pre-release process (along with product photos)? I think this would simplify a lot and surely cut down on the massive amounts of justification that must be done to have these stencils created.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: