cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fun Friday: America's (New) Pastime

Ken W. Alger
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As we head towards Super Bowl LVIII this weekend, there's some interesting and timely news about a shift in America's "most popular" sport. For years, no decades, baseball has been considered America's Pastime. However, a recent Pew Research survey reports that it has shifted to football. That's American football, not soccer. 53 percent of the 12,000 survey respondents opted for football as America's pastime.

Also, why does a post about football appear on a Cisco site? Well, as it happens, Cisco has partnered with various National Football League (NFL) stadiums for several years. Cisco provides the network infrastructure for many different stadiums, and Allegiant Stadium, which is hosting Super Bowl LVIII, is one of them. This provides an exceptional and secure customer experience inside the stadium.

While I think about why football has taken the top spot as America's pastime, I'd enjoy hearing from you. Leave a comment below about why you think football is America's most popular sport.

1 Reply 1

ot78613214
Level 1
Level 1

“Wow, what a fantastic discussion! It’s amazing to see how America’s pastime has evolved over the years. The blend of tradition and modernity in sports today is truly fascinating. I love hearing everyone’s unique perspectives and experiences. Keep the fun and insightful conversations coming!