cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I create and diff snapshots in different VRFs

d-fillmore
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I'm want to use the 'genie diff' feature to compare the routing tables of multiple devices between snapshots.

The routing domain I'm interested in is on the global VRF on some devices and in a VRF on others. I'd hoped that I could specify the VRF within the testbed file but doesn't look like I can.

I'd rather not have to create multiple snapshots to cover each VRF as the command to get the routing table will obviously be different.

Can anyone suggest how I can get this to work by creating a single snapshot with different versions of the 'show ip route' command depending on the device's VRF?

Many Thanks in advance

Dom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

can you not use genie parse to save the output and then use genie diff on the output files?

you can specify multiple commands with genie parse .. 

genie parse "show ip route" "show ip route vrf A" --testbed-file testbed.yaml --devices nx-osv-1 --output initial

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

can you not use genie parse to save the output and then use genie diff on the output files?

you can specify multiple commands with genie parse .. 

genie parse "show ip route" "show ip route vrf A" --testbed-file testbed.yaml --devices nx-osv-1 --output initial

Thanks!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: