Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get started with NeXT

pohjaton1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

To start with I must say that I am a real NEWBIE when it comes to programming, java scripts and all that. However I can great understanding of the network and have been using for years different tools to manage and automate the network. I am even currently using APIC-EM and Prime systems to do visualisation and automation. However the visualisation of the network is not that good on Prime so I would really like to try out the NeXT but here comes my limitations in play and unfortunately I have not got any programming experts to get interested on this try.

So would there be somewhere some easy steps how to get started and how to visualise existing network using NeXT over europe map and collecting the device information either from APIC-EM or from Prime.

Any help here is much appreciated as I would really like to learn. Even bought Javascript and HTML5 for dummies

Thanks

3 Replies 3

alzverev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Toni,

I'm glad to see new people in our community Thanks for your interest!

First off, I highly recommend to familiarize yourself with JavaScript - you can't get frontend (user interface) done without it. That's mandatory.

Regarding NeXt: I'm working on tutorials for NeXt users, so please take a look at them: GitHub - NeXt-UI/next-tutorials: Tutorials of NeXt UI

Alex

Hi

Thanks Aleksei. I will have a look on the tutorials and hopefully learn soon.

What comes to understanding of JavaScript that might be impossible for an old network guy but I will for sure try

Toni

Nobody can keep you from playing - consider the new technology so

If anything comes up in your mind - we're here to help.

Alex