Views
Helpful
Replies

NextUI Ring Topology

fmartinscosta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I learned about NextUI on a Cisco DevNet Event and I found it perfect for a project I am working on. But I am struggling to get some things working. Let me enumerate my questions:

1. Can I set the node disposition automatically in a ring topology without having to define coordenate after coordenate (My network has over 100 nodes...)? If so, can you tell me how?

2. Can I update some node info without having to update the entire page?

3. The NextUI does not work on IE11.. yeah, I know, why am I using IE? Well the equipment management page only works on IE. The error it gives is something like "Object doesn't support method contains". I have searched around the internet and none of the solutions solved the problem. Is the a tweak for it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Regards,

Fernando Costa

2 Replies 2

alzverev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fernando,

NeXt offers a nice way to spread out nodes around a topology: force layout. We use this simple way of assigning coordinates instead of manual routine. Please take a look at the example: http://codepen.io/NEXTSUPPORT/pen/EgbLGg

Now, the item #2. Take a look at this simple example: http://codepen.io/NEXTSUPPORT/pen/ggEdpE

IE is not supported yet, but we are planning to do so.

Thank you,

Alex

Hi Aleksei,

The force layout (or other keyword) didn't worked for me. I had to define each coordinate for each node.

Regarding the "update node without updating the entire page", it did not work, I still have to refresh the whole html page.

But I am very annoying so I have a couple more questions:

#1 - I noticed that when defining nodes, one has to define id in sequential order without gaps. Example: I cannot have id 1,2,3,5; because if the 4 is missing it messes with all my topology. My questions is: can I hide a node and set it to invisible? I've tried the 'visible' and 'showicon' property with no success.

#2 - Can I expand the width of the tooltip so that text doesn't get 'newlined'?

Many thanks for helping me!

Best Regards,

Fernando Costa