cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify already provisioned VMWareVM vNIC IP configuration via cloupia method (static ip configuration)

vr21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I'm looking after the possibility of modifying the IP configuration (IP Address, Gateway, etc) of the vNIC of an already provisioned VMWareWM: basically I would like to put a static IP configuration in place. I'm aware of the possibility of using the vSphere PowerCLI, anyway I would also like to obtain the desired result without using the Powershell agent.

After digging into the cloupia sdk, I found a static method of the VMWareService class through which I managed to create an object of type VMVNic (representing the vNIC of an actual VM) and modify its IP Address via the concerned set method. After that I supposedly should persist the change and there is actually another static method in VMWareService class for that, which anyway fails with a not very explanatory error message.

Is what I'm trying to achieve feasible at all? In case yes, is my approach correct or rather should I use a different one based on different classes and methods?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer