cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect GUI Text and Messages

Jonathan Tomlin
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any success modifying the displayed text with the AnyConnect client?

I currently have AnyConnect 2.5 deployed on our ASAs and have been unsuccessful in modifying some text field values next to the textboxes for entering your login credentials.

I've tried following the content in the following article:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect23/administration/23admin5.html#wp1075250

These are the changes made so far:

#: e772fc3a60fb73c7d5c07b1e791d18f2

msgid "Second Username:"

msgstr "Username:"

#: e772fc3a60fb73c7d5c07b1e791d18f2

msgid "Second Password:"

msgstr "Password:"

See the attached image for what I'm looking to change.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

You should export the template to your pc and then make the modification.

Then import it back and select the correct language which you are using. (I am using en-us).

If it is still not working. Uninstall anyconnect client and try it again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

You should export the template to your pc and then make the modification.

Then import it back and select the correct language which you are using. (I am using en-us).

If it is still not working. Uninstall anyconnect client and try it again.

Thanks for the alternative approach, as I was attemping to make the changes inline on the ASDM by using the add and edit buttons on the ASDM.

This time around, I reverted (deleted) my language templates, exported the default template, made the changes on the exported template, then imported en, en-ca, en-gb, and en-us using the modified exported template text file on my local PC.

Afterwhich, I uninstalled the client on my client PC, then revisited the login portal page, logged in, and downloaded the client. Success.

It's great that it worked, but I'm not sure why my previous attempts failed.  The changes made inline were no different than the changes on the imported file.  The only difference was I edited the language templates in the ASDM rather than importing from a remote file, and I only tried en, and en-us.

Either the inline editor is broken, or my ASA thinks it's in Canada or the United Kingdom. 

Hi, I tried this but its give a error that "Error while reading specified File, Entry en-us cannot be imported"
I tried with different language like fr, ru, ja but I got the same error. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: