Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Trusted Network Access Problem

axa_tech_uk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running a test deployment of AnyConnect with 100 users.  The target is to develop the solution to be 'always on' and to easily transition between trusted and non-trusted networks using NAM and VPN modules with certificate based authentication.

I have the following network groups configured:

TRUSTED-WIRED

UNTRUSTED-WIRED

TRUSTED-WIFI

UNTRUSTED-WIFI

The untrusted groups allowed users to add local networks.  The trusted groups are centrally controlled and secured.

I had all this working well, but since I upgraded my ASA HA pair I have issues connecting to the internal trusted network.  The VPN and certificate based user authentication is working fine.  When I try and use the client on the trusted internal network with basic ICMP tests I get the following error message:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\>arp -a

Internet Address      Physical Address      Type
10.192.196.1          00-24-97-48-dd-00     dynamic
224.0.0.22            01-00-5e-00-00-16     static
224.0.0.252           01-00-5e-00-00-fc     static
239.255.255.250       01-00-5e-7f-ff-fa     static
255.255.255.255       ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff     static

C:\>ping 10.192.196.1

Pinging 10.192.196.1 with 32 bytes of data:
PING: transmit failed. General failure.

Ping statistics for 10.192.196.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am actively researching this problem now.  I'm not sure if it is directly related to the upgrade or something I have inadvertently configured/selected during the upgrade.  It's a test lab/PoC environment but will be going live early in 2013, so I would obviously like to get passed this little issue.

Any other ideas/thoughts would be most welcome in my hour of need!!

Cheers

Dave

1 Reply 1

Mike Schooley
Level 1
Level 1

having a similar problem with windows 8, worked once, now it wont work again getting same symptoms as you, i see the arp for default gateway, routing table looks correct, but  traceroute to internal routes goes out local internet connection and i get general failure when pinging. Let me know if you find anything.