Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Tunnel Optimization

DAVIES604
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

Is anyone able to explain what the custom attribute TunnelOptimizationsEnabled actually does? I’ve read Cisco docs that recommend it’s applied to maximise client throughput but can’t find an explanation of what it actually does.  Also is it likely to affect the average user or only those trying to see high throughputs, greater than 200Mbps for example. 

Many thanks.

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

There's no current documentation that I've seen (even among partner training resources) that explain the details of what it does. I have seen it working though so I recommend it where it helps. AnyConnect 4.9 builds the technology into the client from what I understand.

Even for clients not requiring sustained high throughput, the ability to quickly move whatever data they need to improves the user experience. Sort of like the new WiFi 6 vs. 802.11ac.

Thanks Marvin, much appreciated. We don't have particularly high throughput users but I'll be interested to see if I can get get any noticeable performance increase.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: