Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect: Connection attempt has failed

jennwee
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts,

I must admit that I'm facing strange issue with my Cisco AnyConnect.

When I try to connect VPN through Cisco AnyConnect via my home WiFi or LAN cable, my success rate is only 1 out of 30 times or lower (what I want to highlight is the failure rate is not 100%).

When I check the "Message History", it keeps showing "Connection attempt has failed".... then "No valid certificates available for authentication". 

I have disabled the fire wall in my modem/router, but the issue still persist... Again, I still manage to connect once in awhile after many attempts without changing any setting...

When I switch my internet connection to my mobile hotspot, then it works 99% through the first attempt.

Can someone help me with this issue? I'm really in dilemma now

Thank you

Jenn Wee

16 Replies 16

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

Banji
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know who still has this issue in 2020 but I recently had to deal with the same error message and I tried different solutions I could find online but none worked.

What eventually worked - days of troubleshooting later was, that I uninstalled Cisco AnyConnect and deleted any associating residual folders and files from my Local Disk and Registry - I understand uninstalling an program alone won't remove these files, so you have to do it manually or use a third party app that does the job of uninstalling and cleaning out traces of the App. After deleting any and every Cisco files and folders I could find (including those in hidden folders), I went on to reinstall a new version of Cisco AnyConnect and voila! it worked.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Cheers!