Helpful
Replies

Cisco SSL VPN Services - RDP - Java

larsheuser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have this "funny" problem when starting a Windows TS through Cisco VPN

Unfortunately, I do not know much about Cisco products or networking in detail and our Cisco guy is on a 5 weeks vacation (lucky guy!). But now some of the guys upstairs need a problem with remotely accessing servers solved quickly.

We have a setup where we can connect remotely (RDP) to our servers through Cisco SSL VPN Services and a browser.

Normally it works fine but some clients experiences a small java window without normal options to "full screen", "resize" etc. E.g. I have two computers both with Windows7 64-bit, IExplorer 9 64-bit and Firefox 6.0.2 32-bit and of course coherent versions of java. One is a desktop and every VPN/Java session started here works perfectly. The other is a laptop which always give a "too small" java window without any options to "full screen" etc.

Anyone have any suggestions? I probably have supplied insufficient information but any help or guidance is most appreciated.

Brgds!

Lars H

3 Replies 3

Lee Valentin
Level 1
Level 1

Once you're logged in to the SSL Portal, have the user add the following to the address bar.

rdp://terminal-server/?geometry=1024X800&FullScreen=true

replace 'terminal-server' with the name of the device they're connecting to and change the geometry to match your screen size.

Good luck

Lee Valentin,

This works .. thank you so much ..

wpereira
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue using the IE 11, but just when I ran the SSL using an IE 10t the RDP worked well.

java version 8 update 65. 

Thanks.