Views
Helpful
Replies

Error processing payload: Payload ID: 1

edwardre1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Having being able to get a basic Ipsec VPN (with userid/password) connection to work between my Cisco ASA 5505 and iPad over the Internet, I now am trying to introduce a digital certificate in the authentication VPN mechanism.

However, I am getting an "Error processing payload: Payload ID: 1" , as seen on the Real time log viewer of my ASDM 6.2.

This is what I did on the 5505 ASA to create a digital certificate:-

1) go to Configuration -> Remote Access VPN -> Network (Client) Access -> IPsec Connection Profiles and using the DefaultRAGroup profile I exported the Identity certificate (previously created) as PKCS12 with an appropriate passphrase/password.

2) I then created a new connection profile on the iPad using the CISCO ASA exported identity certificate. And unfortunately the connection fails, with the above message.

I would like to know if I am on the right track thinking I can use the CISCO identity certificate on the Client computer.

The identity certificate is RSA 1024 bits and is self enrolled.

I have not ebabled the CA Server in the Local Certificate Authority of the ASA 5505, I wonder if I have to.

I would appreciate any feedback to help me get my IPsec VPN working between my iPad and the CISCO ASA.

Cheers

Edward

0 Replies 0