cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set static DNS for Cisco AnyConnect

Andrew150891
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to set up static DNS for users connecting via Cisco AnyConnect ?

Can I set up internal DNS server to be their primary dns? We are using local domain for our employees at work, after setting up our ssl connection, so they can work from home, they are receiving ip address and subnet mask but, dns settings shown on TCP/IP settings on adapter are blank. When i manually write our internal DNS address, they are successfully establishing connection with the domain controller(got an event for successfull logon, and gpupdate succesfull). If not, they have ping DC(domain controller) by address and hostname, but there is not connection with the DC(tested with audit logon policy events on DC, and failure gpupdate).

We have C1841 and dont have cisco ASDM feature. 

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have you configured your router to push a DNS-server to the clients? It should work work as expected.

It's configured in the policy group inside the context. Example:

webvpn context CONTEXT
 policy group GROUP-POLICY
  svc dns-server primary 10.10.10.53

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Have you configured your router to push a DNS-server to the clients? It should work work as expected.

It's configured in the policy group inside the context. Example:

webvpn context CONTEXT
 policy group GROUP-POLICY
  svc dns-server primary 10.10.10.53

Karsten Iwen,

This helped me, and now users are connected to DC and domain, and they got dns server from c1841, 

Thank you, I am very grateful,

Greetings