cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure Client not managing to log in (Win11)

farstukvist
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Secure Client (AnyConnect VPN 5.0.01242 & Secure Client UI 5.0.00631) on Windows 11, and today login to my organization stopped working. It has been working until today, last time I tried was a week ago.

The flow is that I open Secure Client and select "connect". After that immediately two windows opens. One with the title "Cisco Secure Client - Login" and it's white. And one more that appears to be an edge window without title, but showing a web address to a microsoft login page. When entering my email, I get redirected to my organization's login page (same window). When I finally log in there I end up on a white screen with an unformatted text: "You have successfully authenticated". That's it. 

When I close this window nothing happens. The white "Cisco Secure Client - Login"-window is still there and still blank. The Cisco Secure Client window is still there, but unresponsive for input.

I have tried reinstalling secure client but still the same problem. Also made sure Edge is up to date, and windows updates are installed. Still the same problem. I have no idea how to solve this...

Our IT department have no idea either.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The IT department should examine the logs on the AnyConnect terminating VPN server (ASA or other) , related to your login (attempts)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

They say they don't see anything in the logs, and also, I was able to install secure client on my old dev machine and was able to use the VPN there without problems. It's also on Win11. When logging in on my old dev machine there's not two windows spawning after connecting, but the two step login procedure happens in a single window, that closes automatically after success.

Something has stopped working with the client on my new machine, I'm thinking it could be related to Edge, since I see two windows and one is an title-less edge window. I tried uninstalling edge but that seems to be impossible.

Also I haven't installed or changed anything (except updated geforce drivers) on my current dev machine since it was working last week. But sometimes windows installs stuff without telling, or that I don't really think about, so there could be windows updates applied since then.

- If all else fails , re-install Windows from scratch.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '