Views
Helpful
Replies

Testing Anyconnect ASA

Boats
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to replace the current Anyconnect ASA's we have in our DC's. They are newer models with different interface numbering so i can't just do a complete backup and restore from ASDM. I have instead manually copied the running config and changed the interfaces and then just restored all the certs, xml etc. This is my first attempt at replacing Anyconnect ASA's so i'm concerned if this will work correctly. What would be the best way to test/verify the VPN is working before putting it into production?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

If you imported back all certificates (usually you have 1 public cert) and xml files (profiles, customization anyconnect), the rest is pure config.
The interface can change but the nameif will be identical which means your nat and webvpn will be ok if you've pasted it from previous device.
To test it, you can connect the outside interface of your new device to your lan, change the public ip to a lan private ip and try to connect using your anyconnect client but typing in the new private ip. Is that clear?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

If you imported back all certificates (usually you have 1 public cert) and xml files (profiles, customization anyconnect), the rest is pure config.
The interface can change but the nameif will be identical which means your nat and webvpn will be ok if you've pasted it from previous device.
To test it, you can connect the outside interface of your new device to your lan, change the public ip to a lan private ip and try to connect using your anyconnect client but typing in the new private ip. Is that clear?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Yeah that's perfect.

Thanks Francesco.

You're welcome

Thanks
Francesco