Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN REMOTE ACCESS ISSUE

adavila03
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have an ASA 5505 with Base license and a vpn client. The scenario is like this:

LAN -- ASA 5505 -- ISP DSL Router---( Internet ) -- Home DSL Router --- LAN -- VPN CLient

The ISP DSL Router gets a public IP address and the ASA gets a private IP address (ISP DSL router doing NAT) and I cant reach the internet with no problem from the LAN´s ASA side but I cant make the vpn tunnel connection from the LAN´s Home side so I told the provider to bridge the ISP DSL Router

to the ASA so the ASA could get the public IP but in order to do that the provider told me to do MAC clonning on the ASA 5505 which I did putting the ISP DSL Router MAC on the ASA. Now the ASA gets the public IP on the outside vlan by DHCP but when I try to make the VPN tunnel I just cannt. I can reach the public IP by ping on the ASA and I can see the pings coming in using debug but I just cant make the vpn client work....

any ideas ??

Thanks!!

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this the IPSec client or the AmyConnect client?

Is anyone able to do remote access VPN to the ASA?

Are there any log messages generated when you attempt to connect?

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard, thanks a lot for taking your time..  I already got it working!!

regards!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: