cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Web Interface Certificate on WSA

CiscoFSYR
Level 1
Level 1

Let me preface this question by saying that I'm not asking how to install an SSL for HTTPS Proxy for Transparent Redirection. I've already done that and it's working.

What I would like to know is how to change the SSL certificate the appliance is using for the web interface.

e.g. When I browse to the device in Internet Explorer (https://%FQDN%:8443), I get a 'Problem with this website's security certificate' error because the appliance is using the Demo Appliance cert for the web interface.

How can I replace the Demo Appliance certificate on the web interface so this error doesn't happen?

18 Replies 18

Hi @erik 

can you please share the output of step 11 ?

Thanks 

@amojarra 

In step 11, I select the only PEM certificate I uploaded in Web UI certificate management.

After that, if I choose N to add intermediate cert, I got this error

1.png

If I choose Y and add our CA intermediate cert, no error as below2.png

But the Web UI still picks up the old cert.

Issue solved. After intermediate certificate pasted and certificate updated successfully(the second screenshot), at the 5 options menu, we should hit Enter(There is no save/commit option here ), and then input commit. I used to click ctrl+c to exit this menu then entered commit and got 'no data to commit' error.

Thanks Cisco, you made the life so easy...

amojarra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the Update @erik.lei 

we are so happy that the issue has been resolved  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: