Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco S680 Iron Port - Traceback

tomek3b01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I changed the interfaces address. I used cli - console interface. My device has AsyncOS v 8.0.7

When i resterted device i have AsyncOS v 7.7.0 end I cannot login. When i try login (SSH HTTPS don't works- only console interface) I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/build/iproot/ap/ipoe/ipoe/bootstrap.py", line 55, in <module>
  File "/data/lib/python2.6_8_amd64_nothr/runpy.py", line 128, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/data/lib/python2.6_8_amd64_nothr/runpy.py", line 34, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 445, in <module>
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/external_auth/__init__.py", line 206, in initialize

File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/external_auth/__init__.py", line 118, in _setup_old_authentication

File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/command_client.py", line 674, in quick_read_var
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-amd64/egg/command_client.py", line 133, in connect
Commandment.CommunicationError: <hostname>: Network communication error: Connection refused

And I go back to login:

AsyncOS <hostname> (cuau0)

login:

Please help me. How restore to default configuration?

2 Replies 2

tbostrom
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears that maybe your software upgrade failed.   Is this a physical appliance or a virtual installation? 

You can try resetting your configuration to default by issuing the 'resetconfig' command from the console.  

You might also try using the 'revert' command to revert to the previous software version and then try upgrading your firmware again.

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried to press the power button off and wait for around 20 seconds then press the power button again on to force the appliance to boot to the correct boot partition and version