cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customizable Logs S360

bruno.minari
Level 1
Level 1

Im setting up an Ironport S360 Web Security.

After a brief study, I noticed that the System Logs, writes the commits performed with the comments. The Logs record the GUI screen displayed on the Graphical User Interface accessed by users.

I could not find a report that consolidates what has changed as well, which was committed.

For auditing purposes, the question is how to create a report (or two) that records the following fields:

Date | Time | User | Session | Process ID | Changes Performed | had to commit the changes (or not) | Reviews commit (for commit)

If you can not consolidate the data into a single report can be divided in two, before commit (proposed amendments) and after the commit (changes certified).

Thanks in advance.

Bruno Minari

BTW sorry my english, I am brazilian.

1 Reply 1

ravmadir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The system logs do log commit activity on the device, however they do not provdie much infromation unless the user manual enters the commit description before the actual commit.  As long as the commit comments are added prior to configuration chnages, teh system logs can be used for monitoring commit activity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: