Views
Helpful
Replies

First Name/Last Name

harryowfg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

So I had a quick question regarding reports and the information displayed.

I seem to have noticed that users are only displayed by "username".

Is there no ability to show user activity based off First Name/Last name?
Or any filters that would covert stats and reports to be based off lastname, firstname, activity, url etc....

I do have Active Directory Integration, so I can't see why it wouldn't be able to grab the first and last name.

Listing users out by username's may not always work, as we don't use "firstnamelastname" as a username or userid.

Just wanted to see how other organizations are working with this in terms of reports and statistics?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The built in reporting in the appliance is quite limited in terms of the functionality. At the moment the users report will only reports either ip address or username (if authentication is enabled).

There is a third party reporting tool that will work with WSA appliance called Splunk reporting that will have more granular options then the built-in reporting in WSA. Perhaps contact your Cisco Rep to get more info for this.

If you require to have/request for feature request for this functionality, recommend to open a TAC case for the engineer to assist you in submitting feature request.

I guess I am wondering how other people run audits and reports?

Some organizations may not use names as userID's.

Therefore, it makes reading reports very difficult, because it's not quite simple as to who the users are in a report.

You have have to spend additional time looking up users through other means (AD, LDAP etc..).

It's unfortunate that the reporting is so limited on the WSA's.
I'm going to assume the reporting in the SMA is not any better either?