Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport Proxy & ADP eTIME

I'm curious to see if anyone has dealt with ADP eTime through your Ironport acting as a web filter?

Specifically, ADP is saying that: Some client proxy servers have been identified as contributing to hosting connectivity or performance issues (e.g., broken or hung connections). Proxy servers, when used, must be HTTP 1.1 filter compliant, must support hop-by-hop transfer-encoding connection headers, and cannot compress and uncompress any data. ADP Hosting Services does not claim to support any specific proxy server vendor or version, and our support team may ask to bypass a client proxy server to facilitate connectivity or performance troubleshooting.

I'm just curious on the 3 highlighted areas, and if the Ironport plays well with them and ADP eTime?

1 Reply 1

Shaun,

I'm reasonably confident about saying yes to HTTP 1.1, and that it doesn't do any compression/decompression in the sense that it doesn't try to compress data in order to optimize traffic usage.

(though it may decompress compressed data in order to scan it, it gets sent on to the client still compressed)

I don't know about the header stuff.

I assume you've done some testing by this point... does it work?

Ken