cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport S170 (7.5.0): Where is SOCKS proxy configuration?

grischast
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

We are just just deploying our first two S170 appliances and I am not able to figure out where to set up SOCKS proxy configuration.

I am really afraid that this feature doesn't exist, although http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps10142/ps10164/aag_c45-716641.pdf states "It can proxy HTTP, HTTPs, SOCKS and native FTP traffic [...]".

So where do I have to look for the SOCKS proxy or is it really not there?

BTW, the box came with software version 7.1 and during my search for the socks feature I have tried the update-button and ended up with a software version 7.5.0-833 now.

Any hints welcome.

Grischa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Grischa,

7.7 version is only FCS for now, it has not released officially. If you would like to upgrade to a FCS code, kindly open a TAC case and they can provision you with the FCS version.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Puja

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

grischast
Level 1
Level 1

OK, I have just read the announcement of version 7.7 which is supposed to include the SOCKS proxy (so prior versions does not, right?).

BUT, either the webGUI and the CLI are telling me that there are "No available upgrades".

Thus, my actual question might be this one:

Where do I find the upgrade to version 7.7?

Grischa

Hello Grischa,

7.7 version is only FCS for now, it has not released officially. If you would like to upgrade to a FCS code, kindly open a TAC case and they can provision you with the FCS version.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Puja