Views
Helpful
Replies

Scansafe Scanning IPs

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone, 

I am looking for the advice. I was asked look through the Scanning IPs in Scansafe and tie up each range to the site. I went to Admin tab, Your Account, Scanning IPs but only I am only seeing the list of scanning IPv4 addresses without the option to link them to the specific site e.g. with the description. The build in help tool and online papers only shows the steps required for changing the scanned IP addresses.

Thank you.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shgrover
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello  ziqex,

you cannot do this under scanning IPs. It is just a list of all the IP's that belong to your organization. CWS will correlate those IP's to your company policies. If you want to segregate locations in your organization, what you need to use are keys.

Admin->Authentication-> Company keys/ Group keys/ user keys.

you can generate 2-3 keys depending on the nos. of locations you have. Check the CWS administrator guide for more information. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/web_security/scancenter/administrator/guide/b_ScanCenter_Administrator_Guide.pdf/index.html

Regards

Shikha Grover

PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

shgrover
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello  ziqex,

you cannot do this under scanning IPs. It is just a list of all the IP's that belong to your organization. CWS will correlate those IP's to your company policies. If you want to segregate locations in your organization, what you need to use are keys.

Admin->Authentication-> Company keys/ Group keys/ user keys.

you can generate 2-3 keys depending on the nos. of locations you have. Check the CWS administrator guide for more information. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/web_security/scancenter/administrator/guide/b_ScanCenter_Administrator_Guide.pdf/index.html

Regards

Shikha Grover

PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question