Views
Helpful
Replies

Users getting authentication denied 407 errors

icemoom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help, within the past week we have had 3 users (laptop users) lose the ability to access the Internet through our proxy. Through any web browser they would be prompted to enter their credentials for any website request even though we use transaparent authentication. As soon as I create a new profile for them on the same laptop it fixes the issue but beginning to worry a little seeing as we have never come across this before and then have 3 users after another with the same issue. Here are some of the details:

- We use S160 WSA AsyncO/S 7.5.0, transparent authentication against AD, IP surrogates

- All users are using XP Professional

- Same issue is also affecting access to VMWare desktops through VMWare Client, 407 error code

- I have tried dns flush, IP renewal but only fix is to give them a new profile

Anyone else experienced this?

Regards,

Ross

1 Reply 1

Erik Kaiser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ross,

If you have not opened a support case already I would recommend in doing so. You could be experiencing a variety of issues which would cause the behaviour your currently experiencing. This will need to be looked at by a WSA CSE.

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser
WSA CSE
WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: