Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Web Security Appliance Part Number Equivalent to

Hi,

One of my customer using WSA S370 Hardware Appliance, Now they want to replace it to Virtual Web Security Appliance.

But i can not find the part number in CCW.

Anybody please suggest me the Virtual Web Security Appliance part number which is Equivalent to Hardware S370 Appliance.

And please suggest me also Any specific datasheet which declares the supported user numbers.

Regards

Al-Amin Sikder

7 Replies 7

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

You can use S300v in place of S370. You required an active Cisco Web Security software license in order to get Cisco WSAV. Please follow the below instruction guide to obtain the same.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/web-security-virtual-appliance/guide-c07-733392.html

not very helpful , can you not say that there are no specific sku's for the virtual appliance, the question appears to be that people cannot find a sku for virtual unlike a lot of other products that have a sku for virtual.

No SKU you need to have the following:
● An active Cisco Web Security software license in order to get Cisco WSAV
● An active Cisco Email Security software license in order to get Cisco ESAV
● An active Cisco Content Security Management software license in order to get Cisco Content SMAV
Then you download the software image using your key generated in the steps :
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/web-security-virtual-appliance/guide-c07-733392.html
install image with Software licenses on VM.

Can I add an additional query to this thread?

If a customer is purchasing WSA and SMA for the first time, do they need to purchase a physical appliance to be able to download the virtual images? Or can they just order the subscriptions to entitle them virtual machine downloads?

"You will need to have your activation keys from your Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA)"

This was not clear from the previously attached URL.

You can order just VMs you dont have to buy physical appliances.

Vms are licensed per seat, so you can spin up the number and size based on your requirements.

Thanks Ken.

So, do you know if I can I spin up as many ESAvs and SMAvs as required for the head and branch offices without purchasing any physical hardware? Just need to purchase the licenses?

For performance reasons, I will be purchasing a physical SMA anyway.

Yes.

You can spin up as many as you need, you just apply the same license file to each one.

DO make sure that you're buying enough seats... failing an audit is never cheap.