cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA blocking Snapchat

andyirving
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, does anyone know if there is a good clean way of blocking the Snapchat application with the WSA.

I created a URL category matching feelinsonice-hrd.appspot.com and feelinsonice.appspot.com and added this into the default Access Policy with an action to drop but Snapchat still functions.  I have also tried a decrypt policy matching the URLs as I believe they may be HTTPS.

Someone must have gotten this to work surely?

Thanks

Andy

3 Replies 3

donnylee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

Last time I checked, I found that Snapchat kept changing port numbers.

If that is still the case, you may not be able to block it from WSA since it only looks after port 80 and 443.

Try blocking from firewall maybe, or anyone else may have better idea.

Thanks,

Donny

Update, tried it again and now it does block correctly.

I have a custom URL category for snapchat mathcing feelinsonice.appspot.com and feelinsonice-hrd.appspot.com.

This is applied to the appropriate access policy and it blocks browsers from accessing the site and correctly stops the Snapchat application from sending pictures.

Andy

Hi, you can easily block and remove snapchat. I recommend using FineFilterz.com since it is user-friendly to get install and use as well as to remove.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: