Views
Helpful
Replies

YouTube embedded content

joe.favia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our company policy does not allow you to surf to the YouTube site (www.youtube.com), but we want to allow access to YouTube pages referenced thru web pages of allowed sites. What I mean is that if you should surf to www.cisco.com and click on a link to a Cisco video stored on YouTube, I would like to be able to see that video, even though access to YouTube is disallowed. Can this be done through Ironport ? I can't find a way to do it...

Reagrds, Joe

2 Replies 2

edadios
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Joe,

Maybe there is some possibility with  using pac files, and you need 2 WSA.

WSA1, does not allow you tube, and everyone is default sent there by pac, and WSA2 allows youtube, and redirected to that device, only depending on what they visit first.

And then you also have to time control, how long they are sent to WSA2, so after sometime, they are reverted to going back to WSA1.

I suggest consulting PAC experts, and you can possibly start by looking at references per here http://tinyurl.com/yatdyb4

This is not possible with one WSA.

I hope this helps.

Eric

Thanks for your suggestion Eric. We do have 2 WSAs but only for redundancy purposes. They implement the same policies so it appears we can't try your configuration. Regards, Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: