cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Test meeting requirements - not working with Linux?

JohnHorne20838
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been checking the requirements of my laptop to use webex for an online course which my manager is arranging for me. As far as I can tell the laptop meets the requirements. However, when I go to https://join-test.webex.com/ to try and run a test meeting I get the following error:

Your browser, browser version, or operating system is currently unsupported.

I am running Fedora 32 Linux (64-bit) with the KDE/plasma desktop. The browser is Firefox version 78 with both the OpenH264 plugin, and the Cisco Webex extension installed and enabled. As far as I can tell from the documented requirements this is all supported.

So why do I get the above error, what further requirement is there?

This is my first time trying to use Webex, and I don't really want to go back to my manager saying I can't attend the course because it doesn't support Linux. (It's a Linux course so that would be a bit ironic!)

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

MGM@NERIC
Level 1
Level 1

You may want to try Google Chrome with the Webex extension on that web browser, too. I've worked with a few people in the last week that were using Firefox without any luck, but downloaded the Chrome web browser and the Chrome Cisco Webex Meeting extension, and got right in.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, but Chrome also does not work. I have version 84 with the webex extension enabled, but I get the same error message.

John.