Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the recent release of the noise removal feature in Webex, we want to hear how YOU are using it! 

In less than 50 words, respond to this post sharing how the noise removal feature is helping you stay focused or saving you from any embarrassing moments. By responding to this post, you will be entered into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 headset! This post will stay active for the entire month of March. We will randomly select a winner and reach out to them directly in the first week of April. 

As a part of Webex's mission to make the meeting experience 10x better, the noise removal feature filters out any distracting noises with the click of a button. Using our advanced audio processing technology, your focus in a meeting won't be compromised by the harsh sound of garbage trucks, whistling air conditioners, or even your neighbor's blaring music. There are numerous occasions this feature can work for YOU.

WebexMeetings_RemoveBackgroundNoise.gif

If you haven't had the chance to use the noise removal feature, check out these links to help get you started and download the Quick Start Guide attached

Respond to this post and share how you are using the noise removal feature! Your response will enter you into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 Headset! 

431 Comments
riano
Level 1
Level 1

The reduce noise is great addition!! During the pandemic the sounds from our home were share with our communications, but the noise sometimes was very difficult to hidden. Great job!!

as589417080
Level 1
Level 1

No annoying background music while I am presenting in front of my bosses!

mswenson
Level 1
Level 1

Our organization are huge users of WebEx and as an administrator/host of meetings, I am always looking for tips and tricks to share with our team. 
I recently came across the “reduce background noise” option and immediately shared it with others. Thanks Webex, for your constant focus on system enhancements! 

browna283
Level 1
Level 1

Since I live in a corner house the room I work in is really close to my neighbor. They have a motorcycle, two large dogs and two kids who are home for school. Between the bike going in and out, the dogs going in and out and kids going in and out it can get pretty loud. The noise reduction has allowed me to work one on one with my drawing students without interruption. As a college instructor I work with them any day of the week at all kinds of hours of the day because they have crazy schedules. 

Matt.Shelley
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco Webex noise removal feature is helps me stay focused by removing the sound of colleagues typing on noisy keyboards which can be immensely distracting.

AsifChohan72793
Level 1
Level 1

Working in home office next to the crossroads with all the noise from the streets (ambulance, police, dogs, music) and having WebEx meetings the whole day it is very important to rely on noise cancelation first on WebEx client.

sarah.crawford
Level 1
Level 1

To have access to a wonderful feature as noise removal puts my mind at ease as I join multiple meetings online daily, not only with my colleagues, but with my clients. The noise removal gives me the peace of mind that unexpected background noises won't interrupt or disturb anyone talking or listening which is so important to keep the flow of discussion on track. 
I have come to accept that some online meetings will be interrupted with background noises with the current work from home situation, however, I feel confident that I won't be the one having to apologise and that's definitely a bonus!  Well done Cisco!

Tabbs
Level 1
Level 1

This is definitely an awesome feature especially in this wake of remote working and working from home. with this feature, I do not have to worry and apologize about the kids playing and screaming outside, or that neighbor with a loud motorcycle leaving when am in the middle of a training and recording the training also (facepalm).

JIIZTEECHAI
Level 1
Level 1

Everywhere every time working easier with Cisco Webex

scharalambous1
Level 1
Level 1

Joining a meeting in a shared office and at the same time absorbing all  surrounding noises is very frustrating. Noise cancellation feature is a must !

Bclarke101
Level 1
Level 1

With the advents of our working from home policy over the last year and our webex trend usage quadrupling we identify we can not similar the office working conditions during our meetings.  With more countries going into lockdown and more companies deciding on work from home policies, people started getting creative at home, with homeschooling, home DYI projects especially in apartments where common space is confined in a limited area.  

With the advance of Cisco implementing the noise removal technology in webex, has allowed us to ensure we remove these distractions during our meeting which is one of the major features that has allowed our organization to embrace and grow our Remote meeting strategy 

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

@Cole Callahan ,

Whatever gave you the idea of filling everyone's inbox with SPAM was a good idea?  EVERY TIME SOMEONE replies to this post. another email turns up in everyone's inbox - you really know how to irritate the user community.

Here's hoping that by actually replying, and unchecking the [ ] Email me when someone replies gets me out of the mailing list for this topic.

In future, can you take your brilliant marketting ideas somewhere where it DOESN'T spam everyone?

santg
Level 1
Level 1

Noise cancellation is what I had been waiting for for since long especially when we are conducting a meeting from the home, roads, field etc. It works great on Webex. I had been using a Jabra  Speak 710 at my home and office to reduce background noise but now with the noise cancellation feature it works like a charm and people whom I meet with on WebEx are not able to guess my locations.

tshepang.nkgage
Level 1
Level 1

Joining meeting or calls in the office is always a challenge when you sit next to sales people who are always answering calls every minute. The noise reduction function makes it so much comfortable for me to answer customer calls/meetings professionally  without the customers hearing phones ringing, background noise or people talking loudly. Our aircon is very loud and these headsets cancels the noise too which has been a problem since FOREVER. Working remotely with my toddlers running around and screeming, the noise from the trian passing and birds chirping - all this can be canceled in a single solution - how amazing. These are the best sleek looking, modern headsets from the Cisco market not forgeting its other outstanding features.

Arjan Meulblok
Level 1
Level 1

This feature is essential for productive WebEx meetings, one of the most annoying things in on-line meetings is the background noise. Even more so when presenting to customers, you want to make sure you are able to provide a great meeting experience especially for customers that are not standard WebEx users but are on MS Teams or Zoom.

I agree with a lot of the comments that this should be activated by default or when installing the app a strongly recommended option when installing for the 1st time.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.