cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 
cancel
Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Configure by console in an AP 9136 to which controller it should join?

mike_morales
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to configure in a new brand AP 9136 to which controller it should connect (using the console/CLI)?

6 RESPUESTAS 6

Hi

If the AP is in capwap mode it will try to find out any WLC on the network by using broadcast, DNS or DHCP.  You dont need to configure anything, just give him connectivity to some WLC.

If the AP is not capwap mode and you want it to join to a WLC, you need to convert it to capwap by replacing the IOS.

If you have console to it, just observe the logs and you are going to see the AP trying to find a WLC or not, depending the IOS it has.

Hi, thanks for your response.

I understand, but lets suppose that we are preparing the APs out of the campus, and we would like to have them ready, so that once connected in the campus they will know to which controller they will try to join, so in that case I guess we would have an option to cofigure the IP of the controller in advance... But well, that´s what I want to know if is possible.

Yes it is. You can pre configure the AP.

capwap ap {primary-base | secondary-base | tertiary-base} controller-name controller-ip-address

For more configuration,  use capwap ap and question Mark. 

You can alsp pre comfg IP address, gateway , mask etc

Got it, will try that, thanks!

Hello @mike_morales 

I'm not sure about the controller, thing, but if they're new aps and you want to this new APs join. to especific controller, you can use a DHCP pool for these and configure option 43 with the IP Addrees of you prefer WLC

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

EricZ
Level 1
Level 1

ap#capwap ap primary-base <controller ip>