Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber integration with SharePoint 2013 on-premises

prasad_punneri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a requirement on how to integrate Jabber with SharePoint 2013 on-premises  version.

Within the SharePoint environment, end user wants to perform instant messaging capabilities [IM] based on his presence, video chat, video call etc.

Wanted to know is there any API exist for the same and if anyone has experience on integrating the same. Is it just a configuration thing that has a series of steps after installing Jabber on the same server where SharePoint 2013 is installed, such that end user can perform all

actions within the SP environment ?

If there is no config. exists, what's the alternative ? Any examples is been provided by Cisco for a smooth integration, using the APIs provided?  

Message was edited by: prasad wt

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Jabber SDK - particularly the Voice/Video SDK and IM&Presence CAXL JavaScript library are likely what you are looking for:

Cisco DevNet: SDK Web SDK - Jabber SDK

Note, using these APIs to integrate with a major 3rd party web app like SP may be quite possible (I've seen similar things done with Salesforce Cisco DevNet: SDK Web SDK - IM and Presence How To - Deploy Jabber Demo in Salesforce), however it definitely not be a config-only endeavor.

Thanks for the reply.

If possible, can you provide some sample code / some UIs / API References for integration with SP 2013.

I am using SP 2013 On-Premises version and stuck with how to implement this!

Unless it's available and I don't know about it (grin), we don't have SP On-Premises, so we don't have a way to explore sample code for integration with it.