Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Web Communicator Add on for Windows - Installation Fails

rajamandava07
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to test  Jabber SDK on windows machine with IE.

As a first step I tried to install Cisco web communicator for windows and I encountered installation issue. I tested on few machines and was having issue on particular machine. The windows settings look similar and hope some one from Cisco can advise on the failure.

The below picture contains the error. Installation_Error.jpg

My system OS information is as follows.

• Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
  • Cisco web communicator for 11.8
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Intel Celeron CPU N3160 1.6GHz
10 Replies 10

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Installing the plugin will require the ability to elevate to local administrator permissions - if the machine or user account does not allow this (e.g. if it has been locked down to prevent software installation), that may perhaps explain the result.

Otherwise, recommend opening a ticket with DevNet Developer Support to troubleshoot in detail: https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/support/

Hi

Thanks for reply. I installed with admin rights etc.

I found a work around and at least it was not giving error during initialization. I ran exe called "CiscoWebCommunicator" (with out any Add on Name) and then Add on exe.

This didn't give any installation issues but still the sample page is not detecting the add on installed and says"cwic library: AddOnNotInstalled".

When I check on windows programs and features, it says add on was installed.

Anyway to debug this issue?

In case you are using Chrome, there is a known issue caused by changes in a recent Chrome release, using the v11.8 Jabber plugin.  Please given the recently released v11.8.1 version a try...

I am using IE11. our application needs IE.

IE11 should work fine.  It sounds like an issue with that particular machine..?

You can try opening a DevNet support ticket to see if the Jabber engineers can identify the issue - though, if it is truly just this one machine, it may make sense to try re-installing windows.

The machine has windows 7 professional SP1 (OEM version) and I am experiencing issues on this particular machine.

Probably as you suggested good to give a try on re-installing before raising a ticket.

Thanks for all the help.

Hello,

Im having this exact problem but im using windows Embedded Standard SP1. The problem only shows up when I try to install the version 11.8.1 and 11.8.0.

Version 11.7 installs correctly but when I try to run it it says that Cisco Web Communicator add-on stopped working.

Version 11.01 installs correctly and works fine.

Is there a way to solve the problem for version 11.8 or to download version 11.01? Right now the only versions available in the webpage are 11.8 and 11.78.

Update: I managed to make work the version 11.7, the problem was in that I was using a code based on the web sample softphone version 11.0.1 so I made a new one based on the version 11.7.

However, version 11.7 is going to be obsolete eventually and I will have to make this work with version 11.8 and up.

Is there a way to solve this compatibility problem with Windows Embedded?

2nd Update: I tried to install it in a laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate N 32 bits and it failed with the same error.

This article explains that WES7 is based on the windows ultimate framework.

https://www.logicsupply.com/explore/io-hub/windows-embedded-matter-now/

Also is known that Windows 7 ultimate was supported by microsoft until january 2015.

So the question now is, is this addon incompatible with windows ultimate? Does it need an update that windows ultimate cant have?

Windows Embedded is not supported, unfortunately we will not be able to troubleshoot any issues on that platform: Cisco DevNet: SDK Web SDK - Voice and Video - Overview