cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Workspace Metrics from PWA

admiralato
Level 1
Level 1

So we have a web application that we load as a Persistent Web App on a Cisco Room Navigator that are mounted outside meeting rooms, we would like to get the workspace metrics (TVOC, humidity, temperature) inside the room and display these metrics from our web app.

We explored using Integrations but that would need an OAuth page to load to obtain data needed to request access and refresh tokens, and our application will be polling the WebEx API to display the latest metrics.

How do we do this in a way that it's automated? We also looked at creating a Service App but that would require giving us Full Admin access unless there is no other way of doing it by just using the xAPI, and if so, how do we use xAPI to get these metrics when there are limnited xAPI APIs we can use for PWAs.

Appreciate all the help we could get from the community.

2 Replies 2

Hi,

AFAIK the Room Navigator already should show this environmental info.

https://blog.webex.com/collaboration-devices/your-guide-to-sensors-and-analytics-in-webex-devices/

Is your webapp doing someting different?

Does a refresh token help with your APP authentication?

https://developer.webex.com/docs/integrations#using-the-refresh-token

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for your question! Yes, the Room Navigator does have a sensor, but our PWA is loaded outside the room thus we need to read the metrics from a device that is inside the room to give a more accurate data.

We did look at Integrations, but in order to use the refresh token, I need to go through an authentication page and I can't do it that way, think of it like a background service that gets these metrics data, and we need to bypass having to login to authenticate. I have not done it by using Service Apps because that would require giving us a Full Admin account which some clients might be reluctant to give (unless there's no other way).

Regards,

Admiral