cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay when having webex call me

putney_m
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to reduce/eliminate the 10-15 second delay in the system response when Webex calls me before it starts talking? 

4 Replies 4

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

We have this same issue with one user on her Windows 10 computer.  We've checked her cpu/memory usage and they are both very low.  She has zero packet loss, 20 ms latency on send and 0 on receive and jitter is 0 on send and 10 ms on receive.  Any other ideas on what would cause this delay?  She is also logged in on Webex on her iPhone and we've discovered that she can log out of Webex on her iPhone and the delay on calls to her computer go away.  However, when she logs back into Webex on her iPhone, the first 1-2 calls on her computer are fine but then a delay begins where she can hear the caller but they can't hear her for about 10 seconds and it slowly gets longer on subsequent calls.

Response Signature

Kathy

You have completed the obvious, reset Webex app as well with same results? And when the delays begin, did you have them complete control shift alt d on their calls - and check periodically as they get worse - The symptoms still seem related to latency and mobile should have no effect on this unless using phone as mobile hotspot?

This user is connected to our corporate network with a patch cable and we've checked the network and have no jitter/packet loss.  We've checked the stats throughout the day and the network status remains stable.  As you mention @dhanley, there should be no relationship between the delay on calls on the computer and her logging out of Webex on her iPhone so we're not sure how they relate.  Next steps for us is to pull logs from the port while she's on an active call.  Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Response Signature

dhanley
Level 1
Level 1

This is not expected behavior - I would first check your network connection - on your next call you can looks at statistics to see if you have any latency/packet loss by using the following keys in your call window
control shift alt d 
check the statistics tab and see if there is anything relevant.
another issue that could cause this would could be high cpu\memory and you can check that in task manager